- Are you looking to convert your driveway, garden, and backyard areas into something spectacular and visually attractive?
- Do you know how you can use landscape lighting solutions to help you with improving the look and feel of your driveaway?
- Have you tried looking at how these added lighting solutions can help improve the overall market value of your home?
In the past few years, a majority of homeowners in the United States are heavily investing in landscape lighting. Most of these remodeling or renovations have been done in order to make the house a far more attractive place of living.
If you look at what the leading décor experts are saying, you will be surprised to know that they heavily value outdoor lighting. In fact, they state that the same should be in line with the overall look and feel of the home and its external designs.
What are Landscape Lighting Solutions and why you should invest in them?
If you have ever seen a nice movie or a TV series and seen a nice flashy car drive up to the house, you might have caught a glimpse of the driveway with all the lighting.
In very simple words, landscape lighting refers to the illumination of open spaces like-
It helps in elevating the sense of space and transforms the relatively mundane outdoors into something blingy and attractive. If you invest in these outdoor lighting companies, you can definitely lend your outdoor spaces a bit of a ‘wow’ factor.
In addition to creating a beautiful living space, landscape lighting can also help add value to your home in terms of valuations. Homes that have installed external lighting command a better price when they come on the market and show that the homeowners have taken proper care.
Three General Rules of Landscape Lighting that you should follow
In this section, we take help from some of the leading landscape designers and décor experts and ask them about the three rules of landscape lighting that people and families should follow-
Rule One: Less Is More
As a homeowner, you might be tempted to cover each and every point, tree, or flower pot with lighting. However, when it comes to landscape lighting, the philosophy of ‘less is more’ works. At no point should the lighting solutions come across as being a bit too much. This is why working with an expert company in the field can help you achieve attractive minimalism.
Rule Two: Invest in Quality
Like all gadgets, lighting solutions are also composed of technology and hardware. However, there are multiple options and different grades of quality present in the market. Ensure you are investing in quality products that come with longer warranties. Even if one of the lights goes bad, the entire driveway can seem out of tune and not at all beautiful.
Rule Three: Efficiency is Important
With so many lights in the driveway, garden, and backyard, you stand the risk to run up a huge electricity bill every month. Whenever you are installing lighting solutions, ask about the power requirements for the same. Using CFL, efficient power cables and LEDs can starkly reduce the amount of power consumption leading to lower bills and greater efficiency.
What you should Focus on when deciding on Landscape Lighting Solutions?
It is natural for homeowners to go a bit overboard when it comes to landscape lighting solutions. Every place in the garden or the backyard looks like it can benefit from the addition of some lighting. However, experts warn against the same and offer their expert suggestions in this regard.
- Focus on an area where you think highlighting the same with lights can really make it stand out. For example, it can be a small pond in the garden or an artificial waterfall at one corner of the backyard.
- Concentrate on areas that are often overlooked as mundane during the daytime. A simple red brick wall can assume a personality of its own if a stream of the yellow beam is thrown at it strategically.
- It is important that you look at both form and function. Lighting solutions can come in handy when illuminating a wavy path of some rickety stairs leading to the porch area. Think carefully about aligning functionality to aesthetics.
- At all points, you should have a well-lit entry to the premises. This means adequate lights on the gate, the nameplate, and on the ringer or video camera to direct people in the right manner.
- Try to avoid being ostentatious. When it comes to landscape lighting solutions, subtlety works best. As we have already stated, minimalism works wonders when it comes to placing external lights in a home.
How to Select the best Landscape Lighting Solutions Company
Once you have decided that you are going to enrich the personality of your home by adding landscape lighting, you now need to select the right vendor/company for the job.
Starting off with a Google search can be a good idea. However, it needs to be complemented with rigorous research about the company. This involves analyzing reviews and ratings that others have given the company.
You also need to take into consideration other important factors like years of experience in the industry and their alignment with your goals and ideals. It is important that you fix the timelines and the pricing before you commence with the project.
You do not want to end up going over budget and not having access to your garden for six months straight. While you might think that these are small issues, they can become pretty annoying very soon.
The Final Word
In a recent survey, leading décor experts voted on landscape lighting solutions as one of the trendiest home renovation ideas for homes. At the end of the day, it is about making a good investment for your home and elevating its market value. Working with the best company, do your research, and paying attention to the focus areas can ensure that you will be well on your way in making this a successful and attractive project.