1. Take photos of the disgusting microwave interior. (Really, I cover my food; what gives?!)
2. Listen to Handy Man complain: "Are you REALLY going to show this on the blog? YUCK!"
3. Try to explain to Handy Man that I'm just "trying to keep it real," and get started. Take out a microwave safe container (I used a large glass measuring cup).
4. Realize I don't have lemons to squeeze into the water, per the instructions I found on the internet.
5. Wonder if lemon juice will work instead.
6. Boil water with two tablespoons of lemon juice in the microwave. (I had some comments from readers about using vinegar. Yes, you can use vinegar instead.)
7. Try to be patient; wait five minutes for the steam to work on softening the gunk.
8. Help Handy Boy with something and get distracted; steam does it's job.
9. Take a cloth and wipe up all of the gunk.
10. Take "after" pictures for the blog.
Linking to: The Speckled Dog/ It's a Hodgepodge Life/ A Little Knick Knack/ The Shabby Nest/ Tidy Mom/ My Romantic Home/ Fingerprints on the Fridge/ Delightful Order/ Saved by Love Creations/ Paisley Passions/ Beyond the Picket Fence/ Tales from Bloggeritaville/ House of Hepworths/ Elements Interiors/ My Backyard Eden/ A Beach Cottage/ We are That Family/ Sew Much Ado/ Blue Cricket Design/ Savvy Southern Style/ The Gypsy's Corner/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/ Organize with Sandy/ A Bowl Full of Lemons/ Thrifty Decor Chick/ The Tattered Tag/ Dittle Dattle/ Keeping it Simple/ Boogieboard Cottage/ Between Naps on the Porch